Wednesday 22 December 2010

a little break

Today was planned perfectly - I had dates, times and itineraries planned. However when I woke up late with snow and weather warnings afoot, it seemed that my plans would all go to waste. My chimney sweep was then an hour and a half late and I couldn't get out to visit relatives until Friday.

However, the friendly sweep set me a fire and whilst we were having a cup of tea, he told me he was struggling with databases, and I managed to pick up some work starting in January. I also received a leaflet for fresh local produce delivered directly to my door and they will do it before Christmas, so I've enlisted the aid of my dad in helping me pick up the rest of the Xmas food shopping this afternoon. I am then off to see a friend for a coffee and more friends for dinner.

I've taken the opportunity to sit and relax in the midst of the mania that is the run up to Christmas in front of my new fire looking at the snow out of the window, listening to Christmas music.

Christmas is here.

*snuggles*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails