Thursday 25 February 2010

I am not a robot

Embracing my girly side today by spending the day lunching with Alwi, having my eyebrows waxed (ouch!!) and generally shopping.

Having been recommended the blog fatgirlslikeniceclothestoo, and feeling inspired by the confident woman who writes it, I have invested in straight legged jeans and this lovely nautical inspired dress from New Look:I feel excited to be wearing a dress and showing off some of my curves!

Am currently being very British, drinking tea from a pink spotty tea pot and listening to the debut album from Marina and the Diamonds, 'Family Jewels'. It's a strange mix of songs with a sort of impressive vocals of Regina Spektor, the catchiness of Katy Perry, but lyrical stylings of Kate Bush. I'm very excited. Favourite track so far is Mowgli's Road. Listen to clips on her website here.

As promised, here is a pretty picture of the ring gifted to me by Tinkerbella. It's a 1970s decoration set on a brass ring:

I could get used to being a lady of leisure. Sadly it's back to work Monday. However until then, Funmonkey will be joining us here in Nottingham for a visit, which means even more shopping (a small fortune will no doubt be spent in MAC, a tradition for us now. I have my eye on the prep + prime finishing powder), and lots of drinks and general fabulousness. We have a friendship based on shared geekdom tendencies, and will probably spend far too much time waxing lyrical about Joss Whedon whilst trying on sunglasses. Here is what we plan on doing:

1. Drinking at the Ropewalk
2. Shopping for far too long
3. Gossiping at Lee Rosy's tea rooms
4. Eating wonderful Thai food at Tarn Thai
5. Dancing the night away at the Rescue Rooms, or possibly spending time at the Maltcross listening to the Wholesome Fish

Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails