Thursday 11 February 2010

That was hard work. Maybe you should take a nap

Went out to partake in Orange Wednesday, yesterday (hate the ads, but love the deal). Spent half an hour in the queue complaining to Alwi that I would not see anything with Mel Gibson in it. I ended up seeing the Edge of Darkness, starring Mel Gibson.

Interesting, if overdone, premise; homicide detective's (Gibson) daughter is shot dead at home in a suspected revenge attack against her father, gone wrong. Our plucky hero however knows there is something more to where her daughter works and uncovers dastardly corporate dealings.

However the execution was dull and uninspiring. It did have me laughing at several points, but for reasons of my own, not a plot point (seriously, what did you expect me to do when you follow up a big violent and threatening scene with Gibson threatening a lawyer, with a scene of him taking a nap? Apparently all that threatening had just taken it out of him).

And I think that's enough of the rambling complaints, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails