Sunday 21 February 2010

Pitfalls of social networking

When did Facebook become some people's primary method of communication? Finally agreed to meet Akido man for a coffee today. Twenty minutes later I concluded that he wasn't going to turn up. It was bad enough that I had been stood up, but when I got home and checked my emails (the only way I know what is happening on facebook is through the notifications that go into my junk box), I find that he had left me a message saying that he had a crazy night out last night and couldn't make it.

Firstly it's a flimsy excuse, but secondly it's really sad that when you have my number, you think a facebook message is enough to cancel a meeting?

Needless to say that I won't be accepting any more 'messages' from him.

So to tame my anger, I promptly went out and bought some cute biker boots and these fab earrings from my favourite jewellery shop, 23 George Street:

Boots and earrings will look ace teamed with leggings, a floaty floral print dress and a see through jumper cinched in with a belt. Talk about dichotomy.

Some more pictures with fashioney themes to cheer me up found through weheartit.com:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails